TWELVE GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS
The OutLook staff put together a list of a dozen different but fun gifts, which any of us would love to find tucked under our tree on Christmas morning. To make Santa’s job a bit easier, we’ve even included websites to find some of these treasures.
1. A birdfeeder, preferably squirrel–proof, and birdseed. A good bird identification book to go with it would be even more of a treat. www.Duncraft.com
2. So many of us are now travelers, a scale to weigh luggage would be very handy. www.ebags.com
3. Fruit delivered fresh to our door once a month for a year. www.organicbouquet.com
4. A basket filled with different coffees or teas. www.baltcoffee.com
5. A magazine subscription focusing on a special interest: Conde Nast Traveler, Sailing World or Cooking Light www.magazinesubscriptions.com
6. Membership to the AACCA concert series www.annearundelconcerts.50megs.com
7. A gift card offering two hours of the gift giver’s specific talent: computer instructions, gourmet cooking, piano lessons or kayaking.
8. So many of us are curious about yoga but haven’t done it yet. How about a gift certificate to an introductory class? www.ridgelyretreat.com
9. A gift box focused on a particular interest such as cookie baking, (mixes, cookie cutters, cookbook, sprinkles), gardening, (seed packets, hand tools), or for the beginning or wannabe knitter (needles, yarn, instruction book).
10. Tickets to a local theater www.TheColonialPlayers.org or www.KennedyCenter.org
11. A book on best hikes or bike trails in Maryland www.Amazon.com
12. And then for when we’re not out there getting our daily dose of exercise, a one-year subscription to Netflix, which allows a choice of two or three DVDs to watch per month www.Netflix.com