HOSPICE SEEKS VOLUNTEERS FOR KEY ROLES
By Leslie Hunt
Hospice of the Chesapeake needs volunteers to advance its mission of improving the quality of life for those experiencing advanced illness or bereavement through compassionate support and education. If you would like to share any of these skills and be part of the hospice experience, please contact us for more information:
- military veterans to provide care to other veterans in hospice care
- pet therapy through sharing your pet with a hospice patient
- Reiki practitioners (a form of energy healing)
- Spanish translators
- sign language translators
- licensed massage therapists
- drivers who have trucks for picking up and delivering donated furniture
- donation sorters for the Chesapeake Treasures resale shop in Severna Park
- current volunteers willing to share the volunteer message through outreach and the speakers bureau
We have immediate volunteer opportunities in Prince George’s County, specifically in the Fort Washington, Accokeek, Brandywine, Temple Hills, College Park and Upper Marlboro areas. There is also a continuing need for volunteers in the Anne Arundel County area.
Training sessions in both counties are ongoing and free for new volunteers.
Hospice of the Chesapeake improves the quality of life for those in our communities experiencing advanced illness or bereavement through hospice and other palliative care, compassionate support and education.